- September 20th, 2006
So I'm in the student center. I never go to the student center, and I need to make more of a habit of it. There are TONS of computers in here, and just all over the place! Considering that I don't do much on the computer other than putz around though, I probably ought to use the computers over at the library more because they are more strict about what you use these computers for. Mainly they are to be used just for schoolwork and checking campus email. And there is a print limit over here, which there is not in the library.
So I got on campus early to go to the BSU. They have a Wed. worship service, so I went to that, and they were also looking for singers for their praise team, so I told them I was interested. Spoke to a very hyper young man named Bill (I think?) who got my 2 emails and cell # and told me he'd contact me about a practice time, etc. Their music needs help. Just a guitar and two guys singing right now. Don't know that I have all that much to offer, but that's not my call, is it? It's an opportunity to do something else to serve the Kingdom that is an outreach from what I'm already doing, and I feel like I need to try it anyway.
Psychology test on Friday, 82 on it. Humanities test as well, and I OWNED THAT TEST! I loved it! Everyone in my humanities class hates me, and I was told that if Dr. Harrelson gave us a curve for grades, I was *required* to purposefully fail the test. LOL, I don't think so!
OK, to recap the weekend:
1. Had Amy this weekend. We had a pretty good time, although my energy level was way down most of the day Saturday.
2. I got my ears pierced Sat.! I've never had my ears pierced in my life!
3. Amy went and hung out with Ryan and Kelli on Sat. night.
4. Sunday church was good. Not great, but good. I was still hoarse and cruddy, so I didn't sound as good as I would have liked.
5. Amy and I went to lunch Sunday with Avery & Sara, Erin, and Rachel (who I finally met after hearing tons about her from Avery, one of his old Lee Univ. friends). We had a blast!
6. After dropping Amy off with her dad at 3:30 or so, went back to Teresa's and we went downtown to a Sun. night worship service close to UTC. It was OK, Teresa was way more excited about it than I was. Their music was kinda rough-edged as well.
7. Spent the night at Teresa's Sun. night again (Amy and I had been at her house all weekend as it was), and had a long talk with her Sun. night. She's quite desperate for a boyfriend, and talked to her about maybe toning it down some? Hope she got it...
8. Mon. morning had orientation at The Rush. Very painful, and I'm still sore!
9. Then went to get my hair cut a little shorter to show off my earrings better and because the bangs were a little too long.
10. Then went to Lenoir City with Avery. He's thinking about trading in Arthur (his car, called so because of the big dent in the back, you know, Arthur Dent? If you don't get it, read the Hitchhiker Books by Douglas Adams...) for a 2001 Hyundai Sonata. It's a nice car, and very blue. Then went to Cleveland to Hollywood Video (where he used to work) and stopped in at the Supercuts next door, as he thought he wanted his hair trimmed. He also was going to pay for me to get my hair colored (he thinks lighter would be better, and I agree) but we didn't have time. So we ate at Shoney's, then came back to Chatt. and went to game at Glenn and Karen's house. We were there until 12:30 or so. Then came home and collapsed into bed.
My mom and I had a fight about leftovers last night. She was like, "that's very filling," so I asked her "do you mean don't eat all of that?" And she said, "yeah, that's what I mean." Now, that comment just flew all over me, as I haven't even been home for 3 days and she's already acting like I eat her out of house and home!!! So I put it all back and went to Cracker Barrel. Then I went home, changed, and walked for almost an hour at The Rush. I didn't really mean to go so long, but Boston Legal was on TV and it was the season premiere, and JS was looking SO fine...time just got away from me, but there at the end I was pretty sore so I did quit before the episode ended.
My gosh, this is a long entry! Gotta get to class...